It is a Non-Government, Non-profit Group aiming to bring together parents of infants/children and adults affected with Spina Bifida, through a common network. Due to lack of proper resources and information parents are emotionally disturbed and feel all alone and left out. Here the members can learn to cope with difficult situations they have to face every day in bringing up a child with special needs. Adults can discuss and improve their way of living by sharing their regime and methods which they perform every day in their life.
We have dared to take this mission in our hands and are convinced that we will steadily and scrupulously move further and one fine day our journey will be towards completion. A support group can survive only on the enthusiasm of its members. Right now ISBA is in the formation stage and we require enthusiastic parents with the determination to work incessantly and altruistic towards the betterment of all affected with Spina Bifida.
- Enhance and improve the quality of life of all affected with Spina Bifida.
- To give mutual and emotional support and help in all the possible ways.
- To develop contacts and communication between parents and individuals.
- To provide a common place for parents and individualsto share their experiences and doubts.
- To provide information in the field of research and medicine.
- To provide optimism and encouragement to children and adults.
- To promote the prevention of Spina Bifida by primary prevention and developing awareness among people.
- To create a medium where qualified professionals can give their opinions and advice.
Families with a child who has spina bifida have special concerns and often need a great deal of information and support – Information about the disability and other related problems of their child, about school, services, therapy, medical facilities, proper toilet facilities and much more. Parents will find it very useful to join ISBA, where they can meet other families with similar needs. ISBA can serve many purposes, but primarily they offer parents a place and a means to share information, give and receive emotional support, and work as a team to address common concerns.
Adults can connect together and find a solution to their common setback. Every individual has its own way of dealing with the situation and coping with life which has given him something additional to deal with.
We request parents and adults to abandon their skepticism and come forward. Let us help each other in shaping a bright prospective for our children and all affected with Spina Bifida.